Saturday, May 23, 2009

Trip toTAJ

At last one of our many plans was heading towards right direction. There had been many plans in recent past which got clean bowled either by Midoo’s duty calls or Thimboo’s berlin day1. But this time around there were no duty calls and no Berlin.The day started of with calls from Thimboo, Ringoo & Chichoo. Well for a change I was ready before time. I guess it was due to the pure excitement factor. But then I got engaged in resolving an issue which I didn’t tell anybody because I knew this time around they will surely kill me if I even talked about any Duty call. Sorry Parshoo, you had to wait quite long out there near subway!! So finally I reached subway and picked Parshoo and from there we flew to Ringoo’s flat on Rickshaw. Harry was ready and it was good to see him fully prepared with all the balloons and other stuff, which reminded me that it was our little chichoo’s b’day!! Well I felt so stupid because I didn’t even wish her when I talked to her in the morning… But as they say its better being late then never and I had entire day in my hand.
Next task was quite difficult actually. We had to pick JT from her house. Somehow I always feel odd whenever I visit her house. Don’t know why, may be because of first strange Tea Introduction of ours with her parents or me being involved in dropping her to her house late night or me being too shy ;-). For a change the gals came with only 10-15 minutes delay. The first thing I did was to correct my first mistake of the day. I straight away wished MS. The journey finally started. Well, being the senior most guy I had to take the boring front seat and from past trip’s experience I knew it was no fun. So I was actually waiting for some sacrifice from someone. First time I saw bday celebration in an Innova and it was really nice. It was good to see MS getting the magical bag as her b’day gift. I hope you’ll soon get it fully loaded with a rabbit, a mini refrigerator and lots of other stuff. For complete list you know whom you should contact. As expected I was called on back seats but with a difficult challenge thrown at me by JT. How many gals will ask a guy to slap her while going to the TAJ. Well she was pretty confident that I cant do it and I knew it as well. Even the thought of doing it vanished as she looked great with those little apples down her ears.Finally I got my favorite last row seat. It has been my favourite seat since I left my school. I thought I would miss my college mates with whom we sang all those weird songs in our weird voices but it wasn’t to be. Prashant came up with all those different songs and it was fun. Sumedha surprised me actually, she almost knew all of the songs. But then it reminded me that she is a Virgo girl and I have seen the same passion for songs and dance somewhere else too. Ok Ok, I wont go in much details now…
Harry was as usual awesome with his guitar and Prashant showed his skills with Banzo in his hands. It always reminds me of Jai from Sholey. Let me tell you its not always a nice feeling when you know that out of three guys you are the only one without any musical instrument. What the hell I did in my teen age!! The only thing that I had in my hands was Cricket bat (and not guitar) and I never liked the idea of picking something near my mouth unless it is delicious and eatable, so banzo was automatically out of equation. The cab seemed to rock with all kind of songs, whether they were straight from heart from harry or from throat from Sumedha or mine straight from stomach… As usual, MS was not entirely happy with the things. Her “I don’t like” list is as long as JT’s “Crazy things I did” list. The Indian (rather Pakistani) version of summer of 69 (Purani Jeans) and couple of other songs reminded JT of her last college days. I wish my last college days were as good. However the last party we had was the best I have ever seen. Finally we reached Agra and straight away headed towards a restaurant. It seemed good but quality of food was Theek Thaak. As usual MS didn’t like the food.
The best part started with our tonga ride towards The TAJ. My first ride on a tonga. I always wanted to do this since I saw Andaaz Apna Apna (some 14-15 times). Entry to TAJ was fantastic. The five of us headed towards the entry door to get first view of TAJ. Wait…. I guess we were supposed to be six J Well JT was all engaged in capturing beauty of TAJ in her new SX110 Digi Cam. Finally she joined us and we did what most of other people were doing, we took snap in front of the TAJ. We headed towards TAJ and got to know that entrance can only be made bare feet. Well there we were bare feet waiting for Jyotsna madame and Harry sir to arrive. Heat of the moment just climbed from feet to my head and I had some not so nice words to say to JT. Although I must confess that I felt really bad on loosing my calm. It doesn’t happen normally but I guess I always lacked patience. I heard in AIRTEL Broadband’s ad that Impatience is the new Mantra but it wasn’t to be on that day. The photo session inside the TAJ was quite interesting. We came with all the weird possible posses… Well right now I am watching Spiderman on Max in Hindi and it reminded me of the famous incident inside the TAJ. By now Prashant must have learnt that everything associated with Jyotsna becomes an incident and now he is part of that incident book. Jyotsna demanded something like a flower, which was quite high, from me and which I reluctantly declined but Parshoo tried to make Spiderman part 4 and went straight into the hole. The poor chap was lucky enough that he didn’t face any major injuries.Finally we bid adieu to Taj and we were on our way towards Delhi. I could clearly see that JT was not at her very best and I guess I knew the reason was me. Well the one thing that keeps smiles on everybody’s faces is Jyotsna at her craziest best and it feels really bad when you know that you are the reason behind some of those lost smiles. I heard somewhere that it’s the effort that’s matter. And with strong determination and with MS and Sumedha on my side I began the Mission “JT Manaao” which was interrupted from time to time by Harry J. Well as most of the time it happens he was unaware of the things going around him. I always knew that JT was different but I never imagined that she could be so different. Even Enrique’s addicted was not able to impress her.The points over my head were gradually decreasing from zero to infinite negative. And they reached the maximum possible negative value when unknowingly I hit Sumedha with the guitar and stepped over JT’s TAJ… L. Unlike Sumedha, MS stood by me throughout And atlast we found something that MS likes… But the thing MS enjoyed the most proved a full headache for JT. Well It took me 3 days and one night full of harsh words from JT to come back to normal. But I guess it was worth. Overall the whole trip was quite enjoyable and I am blessed to have added such friends in my life. As they say all good things have to end and the day ended with a bit of disappointment. But overall it was enjoyable and a trip to remember…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

achha apne comment daalo
@ ashoo...nice one again ...a gr8 depiction... well adding to everthing different ppl can be different at times... its frends' and their frankness' who understand you and try to patch up with things.
We all have become gud frends and hope such trips always get us engaged and we do all fun and masti in our lives... 3 cheers to all of us..........hip hip hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....................

Unknown said...

Hey u forgot to mention...eating petha on the way back.....specially when Mr Ashoo who hates petha can eat 1 kg petha just by mere pretention of tasting it...thats called capacity.......thats why i call him MR LIAR LIAR.....

so ppl socho agar nahi pasand to 1 kilo agar pasand hota to meri , MS and JT ki mithai bachti na :)

Ashootosh said...

Thanks JT :) Yup we rock...

And Sumedha, 2 Pethe de k 1 kilo ka ilzaam laga rahi ho, u crap dal-badloo...